Education is the key component to the Sanctuary's conservation efforts. By providing environmental programs, educational exhibits, and guided field experiences, we are able to make a true and positive impact on the future preservation of our environment. Through education, people will see the value and importance of the world's natural resources.
To help with these education efforts, the Sanctuary has constructed a hands-on discovery center where visitors can explore nature through interactive exhibits and displays. Creative activities for the Sanctuary's visitors help them gain a better understanding of the natural world around them.
The animals on exhibit at the Sanctuary are permanent residents. Many of these animals had severe injuries which left them with permanent impairments. Some of the animals have obvious disabilities, such as a missing wing on a bird, while others have injuries that are less apparent.
While visiting the Sanctuary, please observe the following rules:
- Stay on the path at all times.
- Do NOT attempt to feed or touch the animals.
- Children MUST be accompanied by an adult.
- No running or screaming.
- Keep hands and feet behind the railings and ropes.
- Do not stand or sit on the railings or ropes.
- No smoking on the trails or in the buildings.
- Do not throw any objects at the animals.
- No pets allowed on the trails or in the picnic area.
Copyright © Busch Wildlife Sanctuary. All rights reserved. Reprinted with permission.