Lost Pet Checklist:
Just like children, pets need to be watched carefully. It just takes an instant for your dog, cat, or other pet to slip out the front or back door, window, or through an outside gate. We have been involved in finding a few lost pets recently, and have come up with a checklist of some important things you should do once you discover that your pet is missing. Keep this checklist handy, and print out our flyers (links below), so you'll be prepared in case of emergency. Good luck, and please keep your pets safe!
Click here for a printable version of this checklist.
- Try and stay calm: Once you discover that your pet is indeed missing, you'll probably be very emotional. Your pet needs you now -- if you lost control, you won't be able to accomplish all you need to do in order to bring your pet home. Try and focus on the following list of things to do.
- Contact your local Animal Care and Control & other local shelters: If anyone makes a report that they have seen a lost dog, they may report it at one of these places.
For Jupiter residents:
- Animal Care and Control (County): 561-233-1200
- Safe Harbor Animal Rescue (Jupiter): 561-747-9704
- Animal Rescue League of the Palm Beaches (Humane Society): 561-686-3663
- Call your local Police Department: For Jupiter residents: 561-746-6201.
- Notify neighbors: Speak to your neighbors...even those who don't live on your street and whom you don't know. Get the whole neighborhood involved in your search!
- Put up flyers!: Find a good contrasting photo of your pet and print out our flyer to put around the neighborhood. Make copies at a copy shop and then ask your friends and family to help put them up! Bring tape and a stapler (we recommend a staple gun tacker for easy attachment of flyers to trees). Before you print: Choose to print only 1 page.
- Contact local newspapers and place a "lost pet" ad: ie: The Jupiter Courier, The Beacon, The Pennysaver.
- Contact us to have us list your lost pet in our pet classifieds area, free! Our emails are checked daily, so unless we're on vacation, your ad will go online the same or next day. Don't forget to send us a photo!
| Previous | Checklists Main | Next |
Copyright © PrintableChecklists.com. Reprinted with permission. No reproductions permitted without written permission.