Below you'll find a listing of upcoming events* that we know of in our area (Jupiter & Tequesta to Palm Beach Gardens). If you have an event to list, or if you know of an event that we should list here, please Contact Us!
January 2017 Local Happenings
February 2017 Local Happenings
March 2017 Local Happenings
May 2017 Local Happenings
April 2017 Local Happenings
May 2017 Local Happenings
July 2017 Local Happenings
August 2017 Local Happenings
September 2017 Local Happenings
October 2017 Local Happenings
November 2017 Local Happenings
December 2017 Local Happenings
2017 Happenings in Nearby Cities
January 2017 Local Happenings:
- January 28: Obstacle Course Challenge with the Gardens Mall Kids Club Time: 10:30am-12:30pm. Location: Kid's Clubhouse, Located in Nordstrom Court, Gardens Mall, Palm Beach Gardens, FL. Take a breather from the challenge with crafts from Macaroni Kid, and snacks provided by KIND and The Gardens Mall.
Not a member of the Kid's Club? Click here to register for free.
*Please note that photographs will be taken during the event and may be used on social media and for marketing purposes.
Back to Top
February 2017 Local Happenings:
- February 4: Jupiter Jubilee: Catch the Community Spirit! Time: 11am-5pm. Location: Jupiter Community Center, 200 Military Trail, Jupiter, FL. The Jupiter Jubilee is an annual community event put on by the Town of Jupiter for area residents. The Jubilee typically has entertainment, civic, educational, and cultural components. The Town of Jupiter has been holding the Jubilee the first week of February since 2002. Its genesis was the town's 75th Anniversary Celebration in 2000, when a community event was held at the municipal complex. This original event brought the community together to celebrate life in Jupiter, and was so successful that town leaders began planning for an annual event. Each year, the Jubilee highlights Jupiter's unique character, history, community and natural treasures. In the spirit of conservation, the Jubilee is a Green event, and vendors, exhibits and attendees are encouraged to recycle, re-use, and conserve. Free parking is available at Jupiter High School, just south of the Jupiter Community Center, on Military Trail. Free shuttles will operate continuously throughout the event, back and forth from the high school and the Jubilee. For more information please visit this website.
- February 26: Touch a Truck Time: 11am-2pm (Special horn free hour 11am-12pm for children with special needs and sensitive ears). Location: Jupiter Community Center. Parking: Overflow parking available at Town Hall and Jupiter High School. Cost: FREE. What child doesn't dream about getting behind the wheel of a fire truck, an ambulance, a tractor, or a tow truck? Touch-A-Truck makes their wildest dreams come true! This family-friendly event allows children and their parents an opportunity to see, touch, and learn about a wide variety of vehicles and how they service our community. Displays, Police and Fire Emergency Vehicles, Utility Trucks, Construction Equipment & more! Food, free fun, DJ Jammin' Jim, Visits with McGruff the Crime Dog, Child ID's by District 32 Masonic Child Identification Program, Kids Need More Art: Arts & Crafts for kids, Jeffro’s Heroes, Bloodmobile from Community Blood Centers, Bounce House, & more! Do you have a truck that you’d like to bring to the event? Click here for the Vehicle Application. Interested in being a sponsor? We hope you can join us in making this much anticipated event special for the youth in our community. Click here for more Sponsorship Information.
For more information regarding participating in this event, please call or email Summer Magun at (561)741-2400.
Back to Top
March 2017 Local Happenings:
- March 4: A GRAND Event! Celebrating Grandparents & Grandkids. Time: 10am. Location: Jupiter Community Center. Fees (applies to anyone, 2 years old and up): Resident: $10, Non-Resident: $12. Join us for a 50’s themed morning of special activities with your Grandparent or Grandchild! There will be music, photos, crafts, and topped off with root beer floats. Advanced registration is required. Parents are welcome to participate. For more information please visit this website.
Back to Top
April 2017 Local Happenings:
- April 1: Coastal Fest Watch this link for more details.
- April 11: Hippity Hop Hunt & Storytime Time: 10am. Location: Jupiter Community Center. Ages: 5 and under. Fees: Residents: $10/child, Non-Residents: $13/child. Join the Town of Jupiter Recreation Division for our Hippity Hop Hunt! Before the hunt we'll read bunny stories and after the hunt, the Easter Bunny will make an appearance! Space is limited and pre-registration is required. Resident registration begins February 13, 2017. Non resident registration begins February 21, 2017. For more information regarding participating in this event, please call or email Summer Magun at (561)741-2400.
- April 15: Easter Egg Hunt Time: Starts 9:30am. Location: Jupiter Community Park, 3377 Church Street, Jupiter, FL. Ages 10 & under. Cost: FREE. Join us at JUPITER COMMUNITY PARK for a fun morning of hunting and bouncing and much more! This event is for the whole family and will include Bounce Houses, Face Painting, Arts Crafts and Toddler Play Area. Food and refreshments will be available for purchase. Egg Hunt begins promptly at 9:30 am. Don't forget to B.Y.O.B. (Bring Your Own Basket) to collect eggs filled with candy. Children will be divided into age groups for the hunt. Age groups are as follows:
1 & Under, Ages 2-3, Ages 4-6, Ages 7-10. Prize baskets are being generously donated by Kilwin's Chocolates. The Easter Bunny will be available for visits and pictures (bring your own camera) from 10-11:30am. For more information please visit this website.
- April 22: Bowl-B-Que Skate Competition Time: 5pm. Location: Jupiter Skate Park, Jupiter, FL. All Ages. Cost: $10. Calling all bowl skaters! Come join us at the Jupiter Skate park for the 2016 Bowl-B-Que Skate Competition. Show off your skills in the "bowl" for a chance to win amazing prizes. Included in your $10 entry fee is skating the competition, a plate of BBQ & product toss! Age Divisions: 12 & under, 13-16, 17+ & Girls Division | Prizes awarded for 1st, 2nd & 3rd place. For more information please contact Thomas McBroom at 561-630-5684.
- April 22: Great American Cleanup Visit Keep PBC Beautiful for more information and to register for a group in your area. Contact Julie Mitchell at 741-2511 for help getting started.
Back to Top
May 2017 Local Happenings:
- May 6: Turtle Trot 5K Run Time: 7:30am Location: Ocean Cay Park Course Map. Awards: 1st-3rd overall male and female and first three places for male and female runners in each of the 15 age groups. Kid's Fun Run: Kids, ages 11 & under, come join in the fun and run in the 1 Mile Kids Fun Run! Start time 7:10 am; Cotton t-shirt and finishers medal given to all Fun Run participants. *Not a timed race. Online and In-Person Pre-Registration ends May 5, 2017. Please do not mail in registrations within 5 days of the race day. You may register on race day; t-shirts may or may not be available to those registering on Race Day. Please see Race Day registration important information: Race Day Registration: Race Day registration begins at 6 AM. Race day registration ENDS PROMPTLY at 7 AM. CASH OR CHECKS accepted on race day only. Please have checks already made payable to the Town of Jupiter for $30 per person before getting in the payment line. No credit/debit cards accepted on race day. Race Day fee is $30 for all ages (except Kids Fun Run). Race Day Kids Fun Run (1 Mile) fee is $15. If you are registering for both the Kids Fun Run and the 5K race please see the appropriate cashier. There will be one line dedicated to those paying for both the 5K and the Kid's Fun Run. Roads close at 7:00 am on race day. Packet pick up is Friday, May 5th from 9am-6pm at the Jupiter Community Center, 200 Military Trail. This will be the only day to pick up your packet prior to the race. Race packets will be available for pick up on race day. Road Closures: Vehicular traffic on Alt. A1A, Marcinski Road and surrounding streets will be temporarily closed and monitored on Saturday, May 6th from 6:45am to approximately 9am. Roads close at 7am on race day. For more information please contact: Julie Wark-Wolnewitz, Race Director: Town of Jupiter, 200 Military Trail, Jupiter, FL 33458, 741-2252, 741-2400.
Back to Top
July 2017 Local Happenings:
Back to Top
August 2017 Local Happenings:
Back to Top
September 2017 Local Happenings:
Back to Top
October 2017 Local Happenings:
- October 7: Fall Fest Location: Plaza Down Under on the Riverwalk. Watch this link for more details.
Back to Top
November 2017 Local Happenings:
Back to Top
December 2017 Local Happenings:
Back to Top
2017 Happenings in Nearby Cities:
Back to Top
Local Ongoing & Upcoming Events (These events may or may not still be going on -- please call to confirm):
If you know that any of these events have expired, please let us know!
- FREE Yoga for Vets: Mondays & Wednesdays, 11am-12pm at the Jupiter Community Center. The Connected Warriors Program delivers free yoga to veterans, service members, and their families across the country. All participants must register first and sign a liability waiver at the front desk prior to participation. For more information please call 741-2400.
- Jupiter Residents: Serve on a Town Board or Committee! The Town of Jupiter has several advisory boards and committees which are appointed by the Town Council. If you are interested in volunteering as a member of a board or committee, please complete the online application or print and mail a copy to: Town Clerk's Office, 210 Military Trail, Jupiter, Florida 33458-5784. Upon appointment, all Town of Jupiter Board and Committee members are required to view the Palm Beach County Code of Ethics one hour-long online video prior to serving. Appointments are tentatively scheduled yearly in April, however applications are accepted continuously and kept on file until the next appointment. For more information, contact Sally M. Boylan, Town Clerk, at 741-2352.
- Art Committee: Works to beautify the Town’s Community Center through the exhibition of works of art. Meets on the first Monday of the month (except for the summer mths) at 5 pm.
- Audit Committee: Provides the Town Council with advice and recommendations on matters related to the Town's audited financial statements. Meets three times per year.
- Beach Committee: Strives to make beach areas more attractive, physically healthier and accessible. Meets quarterly: April 24, July 24, and October 23, 2017 at 6 pm.
- Construction Board of Adjustment and Appeals: Hears appeals concerning interpretations and enforcement of the building and technical codes. Meets on an as-needed basis.
- Historic Resources Board: Promotes the preservation and conservation of historic and archaeological resources and makes recommendations to the Town Council regarding applications for historic designation, certificates of appropriateness, digs, demolition permits, and nomination of properties to the National Register of Historic Places. Meets monthly on the third Monday at 6 pm.
- Planning and Zoning Commission: Makes formal recommendations to the Town Council regarding land use, site and appearance plans for new projects. Meets the second Tuesday of each month at 7 pm.
- Police Pension Board: Administers the Municipal Police Officer’s Retirement Fund. A background and general understanding of finance, investments, and the stock market is preferred. Meets on the fourth Monday of the month at 1 pm.
- Busch Wildlife Sanctuary Offers Free Wildlife Programs The Busch Wildlife Sanctuary is more than just a place to see animals, it's a real wildlife adventure! Stop by on Tuesday through Friday at 3:00pm for our free wildlife programs. On Saturdays at 11 am and 2:30pm our junior naturalists put on their own program, so come by and support our efforts to encourage young children to take interrest in their natural world. Our wildlife programs are free and open to the public and are located in our Cypress Amphitheater. These presentations offer visitors a one-of-a-kind opportunity to learn about Florida’s wildlife and natural environments and get face to face with our sanctuary's animals. We guarantee a real wild experience! Afterward, visitors are invited to tour the Sanctuary's nature trails where they will encounter a variety of native animals from eagles to panthers, crocodiles, foxes, snakes, and more. The Busch Wildlife Sanctuary is located on the grounds of the Loxahatchee River District at 2500 Jupiter Park Drive. From I-95 (exit 87A) or the Florida Turnpike (exit #116) take the Jupiter exit and go east to Central Blvd. and head south to the next traffic light (Jupiter Park Drive) and go west one block, the Sanctuary entrance is on the left. For more information call: 561-575-3399.
- Busch Wildlife Sanctuary Offers Yoga Connect with your environment while taking yoga at the Busch Wildlife Sanctuary. A certified yoga instructor will lead classes in our Cypress Amphitheater. Experience the union between Floridas unique wildlife and the mind and body experience of yoga! Beginners and advanced students welcome! Classes are available on Thursday at 6:00pm to 7:00pm. Bring a yoga mat, towel and water. Call for information or drop by the Busch Wildlife Sanctuary to sign up 561-575-3399.
- Make-A-Wish Foundation - of Southern Florida needs volunteers in Palm Beach County to help grant more than 450 wishes each year for children with life-threatening diseases. To learn how you can make a difference in the lives of sick children, call: 954-967-WISH (9474).meets 4th Tuesdays at 6:30pm, at Jupiter Town Hall, 210 Military Trail in Jupiter. For more information call: Joe Gore at 561-747-3259, or Barb Montanero at 561=575-9923.
- Bicycle Helmets - Approved by the Department of Transportation, are selling for $15 at Pediatric Partners, 1025 Military Trail, Suite 109. The money will benefit the Palm Beach County Safe Kids Coalition. For more info call: 561-741-0000.
- Friends of Jupiter Beach - Help us keep the beach clean! Join us the first Saturday of each month at the Ocean Cay Park located at the intersection of Marcinski and Route A1A (Beach road) at 8:00 AM. Stop by, get your name tag and we'll assign you a specific area to clean. We clean up the beach, crossovers and A1A roadsides. Following the clean-up at 9:30, we provide a delicious breakfast for all, courtesy of the the Publix markets at Bluffs Square , Jupiter Square and Tequesta and, Dunkin Donuts in Juno Beach, Jon Smith Subs on Indiantown Road, Jupiter and also Donald Ross Rd, Jupiter, Brooklyn Bagel - Indiantown & Central Blvd ALL are welcome!!
- Guided Walks through Blowing Rocks Preserve - Fridays and Saturdays, 11am-12 Noon. Cost: $3; free for children under 12; $1 for Nature Conservancy members. For more info call: 744-6668.
- La Leche League of Jupiter - Meets at Jupiter Medical Center at 10:30am, on the 3rd Friday of each month. Call Laura for more information: 561-746-0471.
- Book Discussion Group - at the Jupiter Branch Library, on the 1st Friday of each month, 2pm. Call Murphy for information: 561-747-9513.
- Seniors - Super 60s - Fridays from 1am-Noon in the fellowship hall at Jupiter Evangelical Church, 106 Military Trail, Jupiter. Call Bob Lee for more information: 561-746-4330
- Eastview Manor Neighborhood Organization - meets 4th Tuesdays at 6:30pm, at Jupiter Town Hall, 210 Military Trail in Jupiter. For more information call: Joe Gore at 561-747-3259, or Barb Montanero at 561=575-9923.
- Sanctuary Hosts Free Nature Story Time - The Busch Wildlife Sanctuary is more than just a place to see animals, it's a real wildlife adventure! Every Wednesday at 10:30am join Brenda Nickolaus and some of our special animals for storytime geared for young children in our Cypress Amphitheater. Story time offers young children a one-of-a-kind opportunity to learn about Florida's wildlife and natural environments. Afterward, visitors are invited to tour the Sanctuary’s nature trails where they will encounter a variety of native animals from eagles to panthers, crocodiles, foxes, snakes, and more. For more information please call: 561-575-3399. Read more about Busch Wildlife here!
Back to Top
*Not responsible for typographical errors and/or changes. Please call ahead to confirm date and time.
| Community Main |