The White House Greetings Office will honor citizens with special Presidential greetings and acknowledgements for the following occasions:
- 80th and subsequent birthdays
- 50th and subsequent birthdays
- The birth of a child
- acknowlegements of Boy Scout or Girl Scout awards
- Bar mitzvahs and bat mitzvahs
- Condolences for a loss (ie: sympathy cards for a death)
All requests need to be submitted in writing and should be mailed or faxed.
Faxed requests should include the same information as a mailed request as well as the name and phone number of the sender.
Send your requests to:
The White House, Room 39
1600 Pennsylvania Avenue NW
Washington, DC 20502
A request for a Birthday, Wedding, or Anniversary Greeting should include:
- Individual's or couple's name(s)
- Titles (such as Mr. and Mrs., Miss or Ms)
- Individual's or couple's complete address (including zip code)
- Full date of birth or marriage (month, day, year)
Requests should be sent to the White House Greetings Office (4 weeks prior to the birthday or anniversary) to insure adequate time for processing. The hand-addressed greeting will be mailed one week prior to the event.
A request for a greeting on the Birth of a Child should include:
- The child's full name
- Date of the child's birth
- Parents' complete name
- Titles (such as Mr. and Mrs., Dr. and Mrs.)
- Parents complete address (including zip code)
Birth greetings and condolences will be sent within four weeks of notification.
A request for an Acknowledgement for Scouting Awards and Bar/Bat Mitzvahs should include:
- Individual's name
- Name of the award/occasion
- Date of presentation/occasion
- Complete address of the individual
Requests should be sent to the White House Greeting Office four weeks prior to the event.
A request for a Condolence/Sympathy Card should include:
- Individual's name
- Date of death
- Circumstances of death
- Name(s) and complete address(es) of family member(s) to whom card will be sent
For more information, please call the Federal Information Center toll-free at 800-688-9889 (800-326-2996 for TTY users), or call your Representative in Congress, or contact the White House Greetings Office at the address above or by the telephone at 202-456-2724.